We use a comprehensive range of pond lining materials depending on our customer’s requirements and budgets. Our recommendation for garden ponds will always be British made Butyl Rubber.
Why? Here are just a few reasons we can think of right away.
It’s 100% British manufactured for starters.
- Butyl Rubber can be fully vulcanised by our factory technicians, providing inseparable seams. This means glue and tapes are never needed (which won’t last anywhere near as long as a good permanent vulcanised weld).
- It is fish friendly and completely non toxic to all forms of aquatic life. This includes Frogs, Toads and Newts.
- The material is UV stable and will not crack or split if areas are exposed to the sun and allowed to dry out.
- Its well known for overall durability, characteristics and expected working lifetime of around 50 years. This means that for a few extra pounds at the start of your project, the savings are immeasurable over time as you won’t need to replace the liner due to failure for a considerably longer time than other cheaper materials on the market today.
- We guarantee our workmanship, and our Butyl rubber liners carry a genuine 20 year warranty for your peace of mind.
- Our genuine British Made Butyl Rubber is offered at the very best price you will find on the internet – we check it regularly.
Of course we do understand that budgets can sometimes be tight, so we’ve developed a British made EPDM material for just this reason.
Our fish friendly EPDM features many of the benefits of Butyl rubber in terms of flexibility and UV resistance. The only concession is that our EPDM has an expected working lifetime of around 30 years where Butyl rubber offers a much longer 50 years. In view of this, our EPDM carries a genuine 10 year warranty.
Our Pond Lining Material Suitability Chart shows that Butyl Rubber really does tick all the boxes.